- 3 Easy Ways to Take Care of the Poly Water Rain Tanks without Losing all Money
- Paint Selection Can Make or Break Your Home’s Interiors
- What are the Pros and Cons of Prefab Homes? Read this!
- 4 Queries That Should be Resolved before Choosing a Company for Security Grill Doors
- Importance of Display Homes: Considerations Before Visiting
Eco-friendly roofing systems can lower your heating and cooling expenses. This kind of roofing is amazing for people who are conscious about the environment and want a sustainable, greener energy. This is the prime reason the people in the US are fond of eco-friendly roofing options. You may think that having and installing an eco-friendly roof may be very costly, but keep in mind that the investment will be beneficial in the coming years. These roofs are becoming a rage in the US and globally.
If you are planning for a greener and eco-friendly roof, take a look at the top green roof options for your house.
Top Eco-Friendly Roofing Options
1. Standing-seam metal roof – This durable roof is 100% recyclable and reflects light. Metal roofs are advantageous to anybody seeking to invest in a green roof. By choosing a metal roof made of lighter color and from recycled materials. Metal roofs are durable for duration of 50 years. These fire-resistant roofs are perfect for people who want to store rainwater for use in their garden. The roof is very beneficial for residents of snowy regions as it lets snow take off thereby preventing the creation of ice dams.
2. White roof – A white-colored or light color roof regardless of the material is considered as a cool roof. As the name recommends, cool roof frameworks are an extra benefit because the air conditioning won’t be utilized amid the day, and thereby there will be a considerable cutback in your summer utility bills.
3. Corrugated roof – This is a budget-friendly and powerful green house’s design. This roofing is long-lasting and can bear every tough climate. Using the technological advancement, this roof doesn’t come in a wavy sheet of metal or clear plastic form. These days, there are different styles and colors. Its versatility helps manufacturers come up with different designs. This roof is lightweight and has a clear appearance. It’s easy to fix. Its durability makes it a great green building material for householders.
4. Shingle roof – This roof is also referred to as a sustainable wood shake. For people fond of a classic look of wood shingles from a properly handled forest is an ideal choice.
5. Shingle roof from recycled materials – Maximum shingles sold these days are produced from recycled content like rubber, wood fiber, and plastic. The roof imitates recycled cedar and slate shakes. Recycled shingles are considered as the greenest roofing material. These are cost-effective and an ideal choice for people who cannot afford the costly slate roofs. They are long-lasting with more than 50 years of lifespan and the roof provides with green advantages also. This roof appears great and somebody would not think it’s produced from waste materials. When individuals utilize this roof, there will be a decline in waste and the requirement of processing new raw items. Hence, less amount of energy will be utilized which will result in less amount of pollution.
6. Reclaimed clay or slate roof – Since ancient times, slate and clay tiles have been utilized for roofing and people want them updated. Reclaimed tiles are considered as the most eco-friendly roofing options. A house with a Spanish design ideally matches with a quality red clay tiles’ curve while slate tiles complement the amazing appearance of classic traditional houses. These green roof options are natural and durable. They last almost a century. These days, light-colored clay tiles offer the advantages of a cool roof system.
7. Rubber Roofing
Strong rubber shingles made from ancient steel-belted tires is a great roofing material. It’s covered with ground slate for improving texture. The roof has different colors. Rubber roofing resists storms and other tough climatic conditions. It lasts for almost 50 years.
8. Green roof
A green roof has many advantages particularly in urban locations because it cleanses the air and helps moderate the heat effect. Moreover, a green home lowers the rainwater runoff, providing with extra insulation and cooling. Beyond everything its natural look supplements the beauty of your home.
Why Eco-Friendly Roofing Options Are Popular In the US
Like maximum environment-friendly designs, green roofing materials have proven different benefits over the conventional asphalt shingles. Albeit there are many eco-friendly roofing options available, metal roofing is the most basic option. It’s not similar like you may relate with storage buildings and barns, the modern roof comes in many design finishes and patterns.
- Modular and factory-built – the Advanced metal roof is factory built in modular panels. The first notable benefit you can see with this advanced building strategy is that the new roof installs quicker, implying there will be little time for having an onsite contractor and you can get back to previous life without getting a construction staff at your home for most of the week, or a long, relying on your home’s design.
With total remodeling or new construction on an ancient house, the roofing can be made offsite when other constructions are running. Also, this speeds up the procedure by working on different aspects of the project in the team instead of waiting on a building phase for being finished before beginning on the next.
- Longer lifespan – Eco-friendly roofs last much longer than asphalt shingles. The green roofing materials don’t grind away with the harsh weather over the years. A storm cannot blow them off easily because of the larger panels and the process of folding them together into a unit instead of nailing shingles down separately. Moreover, there is less scope of a small leakage growing and particularly of going unobserved for causing mold and water damage in your ceilings.
- Other benefits – Check them out below:
- Sustainable roofing
- Fire retardant properties
- Great value for money, because of lower maintenance needs
- Competitively priced
- Lifetime warranty
- Worry and maintenance free
- Won’t blister, crack or rot
ConclusionThere are lots of eco-friendly roofing options available in the market. Make sure to compare them cautiously and choose the best one which suits you. Check fire ratings, warranty and storm ratings too.
Keoni Makawao is the owner at Pacific Roofing and Repair LLC. Pacific Roofing is a full-service roofing company in Maui, having the best residential roofing contractors in the industry. They also provide emergency roof leak repair services.